Microsoft Corp. today announced the following results for the quarter ended September 30, 2017:
· Revenue was $24.5 billion and increased 12%
· Operating income was $7.7 billion and increased 15%
· Net income was $6.6 billion and increased 16%
· Diluted earnings per share was $0.84 and increased 17%
· Gaming revenue increased 1% (0% in constant currency) with Xbox software and services revenue growth of 21% (up 20% in constant currency) offset by lower hardware revenue
Gaming revenue flat yoy with $1,896b.
Active Live users up 6 million yoy, steady with last quarter with 53 million.
Gross margin grew 10%(in the More Personal Computing segment) driven in part by Gaming.
Operating expenses declined 1%(in the More Personal Computing segment) driven partly by lower gaming marketing expenses.